We move in in 3 days!!! And we're so broke. So in debt. But it's okay, because it's just for a couple weeks and then we'll get paid again and it will be okay. Phew.
We have to put off our anniversary trip to Disneyland now, but I'm actually kind of happy about it. Now we can spend the day in our new home, and I have a lot of fun stuff planned. (I've been making a Pinterest board for like a month now.)
Tomorrow we have to deal with a lot of the apartment stuff. Apparently we owe all of November's rent at move-in, which we were not told until now And our move in date is seriously one day before we both get paid. So we'll have to borrow some money, but that's okay. I really hope I don't work on Wednesday though...
We saw The Book of Life last night, and we really liked it. It definitely made me miss my Dad, as it was all about remembering our loved ones and how they are always with us if we do. And I've been thinking a lot about that recently anyway, after our Sunday School lesson last week on the Spirit World. I truly believe that my Dad had to go when he did because he just couldn't help me or anyone else while in his physical body. And now he's free to help me and Max make it to the temple.
I had a dream a few months ago and I'm not sure if I wrote it down, so I feel the need to so I don't forget. I was told in my Patriarchal Blessing that I would have dreams and see divine things. I can believe this, as I have some very intense and vivid dreams sometimes. One in particular though was something really silly, but it held something that I know is true. I had checked Facebook or something and saw that my Dad had been trying to message me from the Spirit World, but I hadn't seen the messages when they were sent. He told me that he was very busy doing missionary work, and he was happy to be doing it because he had never served a mission on the Earth. And every time I think about that I know it's true. I know it's what he's doing. And that makes me so happy and proud of him.
So, that was a tangent. Anyway, I recommend the Book of Life. It's cheesy, but moving, and Max said it addresses some deep cultural issues that modern Mexican families are experiencing. Namely the "Family wants son to do a certain thing, son wants to do something else and family disapproves" concept. It's really cheesy from a white person stand point, but definitely a real issue from the Hispanic stand point, especially for Max who converted to another religion.
That's the update. Max is watching a League of Legends championship video. Oh boy.
Oh! Another fun fact. A few days I absolutely freaked myself out into thinking I was pregnant. And I realized something (that I already knew). I am definitely absolutely not ready to be a Mom. I am far too selfish right now. Every reason I had for not wanting a baby now was "I need to graduate college" "I need to go to Europe" "I need to fit into a wedding dress for our sealing". Not "We don't have money" "I will be a bad Mom". No, just entirely selfish 22 year old things. And I actually yelled at God. I yelled at God and said "You know I am too selfish for this. You know I will regret these things forever. I will be so mad."
So. That's something to work on.
Oh! More updates. My Mom and I went to The Rise of the Jack O Lanterns on Wednesday at Descanso Gardens. Basically a long walk where you look at a bunch of different amazingly carved pumpkins. Here's some photos I took! (I'm proud of them!)
And I think that's finally all!



No comments:
Post a Comment