Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Good things update

I am genuinely happy today. It's kind of a weird feeling. It's diminished some as some added stress has arrived, but there was a moment, standing in Chipotle that I recognized that I was truly happy and blessed.

I'm actually having a really good time at Party City. I only work about 3 days a week, and the time goes by pretty quickly when I do work. It's really nice. I talked to some of the other seasonal hires, and met 2 guys who went to Santa Su, one graduated 2008, and one 2014. So I was talking to them a bit about the changes. We're supposed to wear accessories when we work, so I switch from cat ears to top hats. The store was super slow on Sunday night, so I ended up doing this. Beautiful, I know.



On Saturday I went to the T.O. mall with Max for an interview with the company that does the Santa Photo Booth. The managers are both girls a few years older than me, extremely nice, and wanted to hire me as a photographer. I'm so excited, except I have to do a bunch of paperwork and take a drug test, and meet again with the manager to do more paperwork before I start, and that stuff makes me anxious. But since a lot of my other anxieties have gone away, I'm feeling a lot better about it. Max took me to Red Lobster after to celebrate. Mmm cheddar bay biscuits...

Speaking of the other anxieties, I found out in Palm Springs last weekend that my license was expired. I had known this, and forgot about it. Also, my check engine has been on for a couple weeks. I initially saw it and realized the gas cap was off, so I hoped that was all it was. Then the light never went off. Lastly, there's still a bunch of apartment stuff we need to get done before we move, and I haven't heard from the leasing office in awhile.

But! Then I actually went on the DMV website, and it turns out renewing my license was like the easiest thing on the planet. Seriously. I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier. And then today my check engine light finally went off. In this case, putting off taking it to the mechanic actually paid off, it just needed some time to finally realize that I had fixed it's problem. And lastly, Max switched the renters insurance tonight (super easy), and we paid the deposit and pro-rated rent online. So now when the lady does contact me, it should all be easy peasy.

Other stuff. On Friday for our date night we saw Maleficent, and we thought it was really good. Some weird plot points maybe, but I liked it a lot. Saturday we went running in the park before we went to the mall. Saw a kitty in the grass, good stuff. I hate running, but it was nice to go out in the park with Max. We went to church on Sunday and were introduced into the ward. After Sacrament the R.S. President talked to me (who was sitting right behind us) and was asking if we needed help moving in and stuff. She was really nice and said it was good to have young people move into the ward haha. We went to Sunday School too, the Sister Missionaries taught about the post-mortal life before the Resurrection. I guess it was stuff that Max didn't know a lot about, so he was excited to hear something new. :) We had a talk about doing baptisms for the dead on the way home.

I derped pretty hard on my German test the other day. I missed the class where he explained the test, so I thought it was on Monday in the library. I went to the library and no one was there. Turns out the test was online and I was supposed to do it before class. Oops. But I did it today and I think I did pretty well. Yesterday we wrote about our families. This was mine:

Ich erzähle dir von meiner Familie. Ich habe Geschwister nicht, ich bin ein Einzelkind. Ich habe ein Mutter, und ich liebe sie sehr. Sie ist eine Witwe. Ich bin verheriatet, und mein Mann heisst Max. Wir haben zwei Katzen, Emma und Alice. Wir haben auch zwei (guinea pigs) und ein Fisch.

I really like German. But I can never tell if I'm actually good at it, or if I just think I am, but I'm actually saying everything wrong.

Yesterday my Mom and I ran errands all day. I found this amazing fox fabric at Jo-Anns that I'm going to make a table cloth with, and some more picture frames. I am DETERMINED to make my house homey and organized. Determined. We went to Party City too so I could get some decorations, and my Mom got some hippie stuff for her costume. Our ward is having a trunk or treat next week that I really want to go to and decorate my car. I don't know if I'll have work though. :( I finally thought of a costume for Max and I, Mr. and Mrs. Fox from The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Party City had really cute fox masks that I got, but Max is still being difficult about wearing them. We'll see though...


No comments:

Post a Comment