It's easier waking up early now thanks to Max getting up and leaving so early for work. Also maybe because Daylight Savings Time just ended. I find that the hardest thing for me is waking up in the dark, and now that it gets lighter earlier it's easier to get up. Also the cats make so much noise in the blinds in the bay window that it's hard to stay asleep anyway. Little jerks. I stayed up for a bit after Max went to bed last night and it was really quiet and kind of dark and depressing. Maybe I'll start making more of an effort to go to bed when Max does and wake up with him too.
This is not at all about my anniversary- so let me skip ahead. (Because I have pictures!)
So Halloween was my last day at Party City- I was scheduled 12-8, and ended up getting there at 1 because Max had the Time Warner guy come early to set up the internet. And he took forever. But he was really nice and really funny, and it was my last day so I really didn't care. I was watching Flight of the Conchords and he was commenting on how anyone who liked that show was cool in his book. And that my hair reminded him of Mel's hair. That was also because I had diffused my hair all big and put on a lot of make up so I could dress up as a cat at work. And I did try to draw whiskers on so I wasn't just wearing cat ears, but it didn't work. Halloween was pretty fun, it was busy and interesting to see a lot of people come in in costume, and then around 6 it just totally got dead. But a few different people came in and ordered massive balloon orders for Halloween night, none of which had anything to do with Halloween. It was weird. I came home after work and tried to trick-or-treat for kisses, but Max thought I was actually a trick-or-treater and didn't come to the door. What a goob. I tried to get Max to dress up as Batman to go to Chipotle, but he said he looked stupid and wouldn't do it. We did go to Chipotle though and waited in a huge line. I was Catwoman. And we watched Monsters University and ate Halloween candy (that I bought from Party City) at home. It started raining really hard while we were eating, and we went to bed at like 10 because we were tired, and our pumpkins still aren't carved. It was a good Halloween though.
Wow, this is still not anniversary related at all.
Saturday! The 1st of November!!! It was still cloudy and a bit drizzly on and off when we woke up. We had planned to go to the zoo, but I was worried that the animals would be hiding if it was raining. Max convinced me to go and we had such a good time. The zoo wasn't crowded at all, and the animals were all out. I got to feed a giraffe! It was fun. They have long blue tongues that grab the food you give them.
We went to eat lunch and all of the sudden it started pouring. But it stopped after a while, and we went back to see what the animals were doing. The otters were out playing and squeaking, and I got really good pictures of them.
We went to see the rest of the zoo, and it went in and out of being rainy. We went to see the gorillas, and they were being really active and interesting, except there was some really rude people in the way, and I couldn't get any pictures. But a really awesome thing happened, where the snow leopards were walking around all wet and pathetically in their cage. One of them kept kicking a mud puddle like an idiot. However, I was able to get this shot- shown in black and white and color because I couldn't decide which I liked better.
We saw some of the other animals again too. And my telephoto lens (and Lightroom) is the bestest thing ever for zoos.
:) :) :)
We came back from the zoo and went to BJ's with Max's family to celebrate AJ's birthday. It was nice!







No comments:
Post a Comment