I am so overjoyed right now. Max and I were able to attend our ward, and attend all 3 meetings. All without Max complaining. Which is a small miracle. :p I am so grateful for our ward and the love that we have already received. I have already been assigned a visiting teacher, and she has made definite plans to visit. I was able to see both Bro and Sis Labass, whom I admire greatly, and Bro LaBass said he will invite us to dinner soon. Our ward has already been such a vast and stark change from the way that church and wards have gone for us in the past, and I am so grateful. I know that Max was blessed with getting the job that he has, everything was so perfectly placed for his career, and for us a a family and for our families, that I know it was Heaven sent. And now the fact that we have been placed in this ward where we have been treated so kindly, and where Max has already felt comfortable enough to express his need for help to the Bishop, and now to the Elder's Quorum today.
I am also extremely impressed with my need to give service and Christ like love... to my husband. I am so hard on him, and so critical of him. and I see everyday just how selfish I am when it comes to caring for him and giving him relief. A talk was given on the song "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief", and though I have heard countless talks on service in my life, I was impressed with how much I am lacking. When we hear service we tend to think big, helping the homeless, stopping our cars to help people who are broken down on the side of the road. And really, as a woman, I feel very limited in that respect. I feel very vulnerable to the dangers of the world, and I am cautious about those types of service. And I realized, that there are countless things that I can do, however, if I don't start in my own home I will never be humble enough to see them. I see countless ways that I can help my husband, the one person that I will be bound to for eternity, and I do almost nothing. I ask and ask of him, and do almost nothing to serve him. And I want so very badly to change that. He has given me all I asked today, he went with me to church with a kind heart, and he actually seemed to enjoy himself. He said the words "I could get used to it". It's all my prayers and hopes coming true.
I will try my hardest to be a missionary to him, and to serve him with all of my heart and soul. Kindness is the key, and I want so badly to put that into action.
No comments:
Post a Comment