He also wrote me a beautiful letter that made me all teary. It's strange, I've read everywhere that the first year of marriage is the hardest, and while it was happening I never thought that was accurate for us. But looking back, and kind of seeing the way that things are with us now, I feel like we have grown so much. However, it could be because Max isn't in school anymore, we're back in Simi with our families, have a beautiful place, and Max has a steady job and routine. We have date nights, we watch movies, we play games together. Max seems happier and happier as time goes on. And it's good.
I gave Max my card and present, (pictured below) and he seemed to really like it. I know he's not super into decoration things, but it's something meaningful to him. He said that he got me something else, but it hadn't come yet.
Max went to take a shower, and I went out to his car to write Happy Anniversary on it. Then I showered and we got cute. Max wanted to go out to breakfast, and we ended up going to Mimi's in T.O. and getting delicious muffins and such. We were talking about the anniversary gifts by year, and seeing how silly some of them were. Apparently the first year is paper because it symbolizes how your lives have weaved together in the first year like the threads of paper are weaved together.
We went to Albertsons before going home so we could get apple pie materials. After we got home Max got really tired, and he started acting weird. I left to go to Target and get materials for our anniversary photo shoot, so I got some chalk and chalkboard signs, and then I went to Party City and picked up my balloons. I brought them home and the other stuff, and I started talking about the photo shoot, and Max seemed like he was getting annoyed. We were also going to go to dinner in Westlake, and he started saying that he didn't want to go anymore, and that he was really tired and never gets a chance to rest from work. I understand that he's tired on the weekends and wants to rest, but it really bothered me because it was on our anniversary. I'm not very good at having plans change when I've already planned them out, but that didn't even bother me. However, Max said something that I took the wrong way, and I ended up really upset and we had a fight.
Honestly, all we had planned was to be together and make a cake, and we never actually discussed if we were going to take pictures. So really, no actual plans were changed. We decided to go out to dinner the next day because we had already gone to breakfast- and also because we really didn't need to break the Sabbath anymore. So we finally talked and things were okay, and we just sat together and watched Netflix. After awhile he did agree to go out and take a couple pictures with me and the balloons, and the little grass and tree area ended up being really pretty.
![]() |
| This is the present I got Max- lyrics by the Avett Brothers |
![]() |
| Oh yeah. |


No comments:
Post a Comment