I think the Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas Carol version ever. I just watched it, and because I wasn't paying attention to it I re-watched it, and because I again wasn't paying attention I am attempting to watch it again. And it's so good! The music is so good, and the humor.
This is a side note from today, which has been the worst day ever. I woke up early so I could clean the house a little. And I go over to the cat's window bed, and it's covered in sesame seed rice things. What is this? I don't like this. I google it. TAPE WORMS. EVERY ANSWER IS TAPE WORMS. Please no. Which cat? How much will this cost? I call the vet. 45 to bring the cat in, and 40 to bring a stool sample to get tested. Then wait for the results, and pay x for medicine. No thanks. Meanwhile, I look at Emma's bottom. Worms crawling out. OH GOOD. So I know it's Emma. Immediate freak out.
I called my Mom and asked her to ask around to find out what will work. Tony (our neighbor) says Petsmart meds are fine. I took off all the bedding, tried to wash it but Max has the laundry key. So I vacuumed everything I could. My Mom came over to help me which was so appreciated. We went to Petsmart and got medicine, and pill pockets, which of course the cats wouldn't eat! So we had to wrap them in towels and force feed them pills. How fun. If it wasn't so sad and annoying it would have been funny. Their little heads sticking out of a towel.
Tony also said that pumpkin would be good for them as a natural remedy, so we tried to force feed Alice pumpkin, and that didn't work at all. She just has a little orange stained face now. However, since Emma will eat canned food, we were able to mix it in with the food and she ate it.
My back is killing me from cleaning all day, so I told Annika I would be late. I wanted to call out entirely because I was so stressed, but I feel better now and I'm okay to go in. Shawna's first night is tonight so I do want to be there to help her.
The kitties are currently sleeping peacefully, and hopefully Max will be kind and do the laundry when he comes home. Just so much yuck.
Tomorrow I have a day off, so I'm going to clean the den (hopefully) and start to sort things into the bookcases. I have a lot of stuff at my Mom's still, and I asked her to start moving things so I can get it out. That's the last major unpacking we have to do. Everything else is just little things here and there, and putting all the frames up now that I have all photos developed! They came this morning, but I've been too busy to look at them. I will when I get home.
I'm feeling pretty good all things considered, and I am very grateful for that. I'm off to work now.
No comments:
Post a Comment